27: A Weird, Sad, Not-So-Little Club
JJ is joined by Christian Heyne, VP of Policy at Brady, and Liz Dunning, the Director of Institutional Giving at Brady. Both Christian and Liz work at Brady...and both lost their mothers to gun violence. In this episode, we’re talking about how they deal with that loss, how they balance working in gun violence prevention, and what brought them to Brady.
JJ also talks about why you shouldn't shoot at alien lasers--no, really--and thanks a very special GVP hero.
Links & Mentions
- Dunning, Liz. “After My Mom's Murder I Thought I'd Never Run a Marathon Again. Here's Why I Did.” Runner's World. Runner's World, June 11, 2019.
- “End Family Fire.” Brady. Accessed December 2, 2019.
- “Longtime Gun Violence Prevention Advocate and Survivor to Lead Policy...” Brady. Accessed December 2, 2019.
- “Run Lizzie Run.” Run Lizzie Run. Accessed December 2, 2019.
- Stevens, Bob, and Sam Ruckhardt. “Prison Sentence for Man Who Shot at Fireflies He Thought Were 'Alien Lasers'.” WNEP.com, April 16, 2019.