HELP END FAMILY FIRE IN YOUR COMMUNITY
By safely storing firearms locked, unloaded, and separate from ammunition, we can keep kids safe, prevent suicide, and stop unwanted access to guns. Whether or not you own a firearm, we can all be part of the solution.
In fact, studies show more than half of gun owners and adults in gun-owning households who are aware of the End Family Fire campaign report that they have taken steps to store their firearms more safely. Therefore, simply by sharing, you will help prevent incidents of family fire and save lives.
LEARN MORE ABOUT END FAMILY FIRE
ENGAGE YOUR COMMUNITY
- Talk with family and friends about safe storage using our tips
- Download our End Family Brochure or flyer to distribute in your community. Engage public libraries and other community venues that allow placement of educational materials
- Educate your community with a presentation on End Family Fire and the importance of safe storage
For Schools and Educators
- Encourage school leaders to engage parents and guardians in conversations about safe firearm storage. Use our template letter to school leaders or template letter to parents to aid in your discussion.
ENGAGE YOUR SOCIAL NETWORKS
Get the word out on social media. Don’t forget to use #EndFamily.
Post on your social platforms using our suggested social copy
Share our PSAs
ENGAGE THE MEDIA
Respond to incidents of family fire in your community and learn how to place campaign assets in local media.
- Get End Family Fire PSAs placed with local media
Get an End Family Fire billboard placed in your community
Write a Letter to the Editor using our template
WATCH & SHARE END FAMILY FIRE PSAS
The End Family Fire campaign is a part of the Brady Center's C(3) efforts.