By joining our get-out-the-vote team, you will help save our elections. We're using a digital tool called Motivote, and it's simple and easy. You'll help us make sure that gun safety voters don't miss any important voting deadlines. With your help, we can increase voter turnout so that we can elect gun safety champions to statehouses, Congress, and the White House. Once you've joined our team, see below for additional actions you can take ahead of Election Day.
"I Have A Few Minutes Right Now — What Can I Do?"
Here are 4 ways you can take action right now!
We have some easy and often one-click ways to make sure that you can help ensure voting access (including your own) and safe voting come November — all before you have to strain the pasta.
1. Sign Up for Mobile Alerts
Text vote2020 to 877-877 to opt-in for our mobile alerts!
Don't want to clutter your inbox? Sign up to get our mobile alerts! We'll send you a text when there are urgent alerts. We won't bombard, we promise! We'll let you know the most important updates and ways you can take action in a few clicks.
2. #SaveUSPS and Protect Our Votes!
Postmaster DeJoy and the Trump administration are playing politics with our democracy. We cannot let them suppress our votes and corrupt this election. Please join us in calling on your state attorney general to hold DeJoy accountable so all Americans have our ballots counted!
3. Post to Facebook or Twitter
Help us spread the word by sharing our campaign to your Facebook page.
Help us reach more people by sending the tweet below! Follow the hashtag #VotingAccessSavesLives to join the conversation.
4. Sign the Petition to Demand Ballot Access in 2020
Please sign and share this petition from our partners at Rock the Vote. We’re joining them in calling for the passage of the Natural Disaster and Emergency Ballot Act (NDEBA) of 2020. This vital legislation would take meaningful steps to improve ballot access, including by extending deadlines for voter registration, ensuring all states allow no-excuse vote-by-mail, and protecting access for disenfranchised communities, like voters with disabilities, young people, and Native voters
Here are 2 ways you can take action right now!
If you have a little more time on your hands, like 20 minutes while you wait in line at the grocery store or during your regular lunch break, here are some ways you can help us get others involved in our campaign and advocating for voting access in our target states.
1. Persuade People with a Quick Video - Made by You!
Here are suggested toplines for filming a short (10-30 seconds) video encouraging your followers to take part in our #VotingAccessSavesLives advocacy campaign. You can post your video directly to social media and tag Brady, March, and Team ENOUGH and be sure to use the hashtag #VotingAccessSavesLives.
- I’m taking part in the #VotingAccessSavesLives campaign by Brady, March For Our Lives, and Team ENOUGH because I believe the fight for democracy *IS* the fight for gun violence prevention. In order to strengthen our nation's gun laws, we need to fix our democratic system and ensure voting access for all.
- The coronavirus pandemic has had an unprecedented impact on our voting system, and it’s critical we take action now to ensure voters don’t have to choose between their health and their vote.
- Election Day is around the corner, and this is urgent. We need all voices to be heard at the polls — especially the voices of Black and Brown Americans and those most impacted by gun violence.
- The #VotingAccessSavesLives campaign maps out how YOU can advocate for democracy reforms in your state and hometown.
- Visit bradyunited.org/democracy now and learn how you can take action!
2. Read the Voting Access Saves Lives Democracy Toolkit
In this toolkit we’re providing activists and advocates with in-depth explanation of the problems our democracy faces paired with concrete and effective reforms that we can achieve between now and November 2020. As gun violence prevention organizations, we aren’t advocating for these policies “in addition to” our respective missions — rather, our organizations have come together because we recognize that creating an equitable and safe democracy is inextricably tied to our fight for gun violence prevention. Together, we can ensure more voices are heard at the polls — especially the voices of those most impacted by gun violence.
We’re mobilizing gun violence prevention activists to lobby for expanding voting access across four broad categories:
- Vote-by-mail and absentee voting
- Online and same-day voter registration
- Early voting
- Restoring voting rights to people with felony convictions
#VotingAccessSavesLives— 🔥 97 days 🔥 (@davidhogg111) July 16, 2020
That's why @AMarch4OurLives has teamed up with @bradybuzz @Team_Enough to make voting accessible for those most impacted by gun violence.
Take action with us: https://t.co/CgBEgzjGFG pic.twitter.com/2doWz6PgJ0