Home of Marion Hammer and affectionately called the “gun-shine state”, Florida is not just the new state of residence for avid golfer Donald Trump, it also lays claim to some of this nation's most active state legislatures when it comes to infringing on people's right to vote. When Governor Ron Desantis and the state legislature tried to subvert the will of the people by refusing to implement Amendment 4 to reinstate the right to vote to those with felony convictions, they were sued and it went up all the way to the supreme court where activist judges upheld the law. This is just one example of the many ways that the state of Florida actively tries to disenfranchise its citizens from voting and why we chose the state as one of our priority states for fighting for voting access.
Contact Governor Ron Desantis and Secretary of State Laurel Lee
Contact Governor Ron DeSantis, Secretary of State Laurel Lee, and the FL Legislature to demand that they:
- Mail every eligible Florida voter a ballot with pre-paid postage which can be accepted postmarked by Election Day
- Uniformly process returned ballots
- Expand early voting opportunities
- Bolster Online Voter Registration to ensure it is fully accessible to all voters
- Provide PPE for poll workers
- Repeal voter ID requirements
- Disseminate information on restoration of voting rights
Get Ready To Vote
Set a Reminder on Your Calendar of the Start of In-person Early Voting
Learn more about early voting in Florida such as what it is exactly and when it is available.
Sign up for a Florida Phonebank Session
In these phonebanks we will be calling into Florida to activate GVP supporters and getting them to contact Governor DeSantis about providing poll workers with PPE.
Learn Florida’s voting laws
Learn more about voting in Florida including important deadlines, registration information, and where/how to vote.
Call Your City Council Members and Mayors
Call your city council members and mayors to ask that they provide PPE to poll workers.
- Miami Gardens
- Broward County
- Mayor Dale Holness, (954) 357 - 7009, [email protected]
- 8 councilmembers
- District 1: Nan Rich, (954) 357 - 7001, [email protected]
- District 2: Mark Bogen, (954) 357 - 7002, [email protected]
- District 3: Michael Udine, (954) 357 - 7003, [email protected]
- District 4: Lamar Fisher, (954) 357 - 7004, [email protected]
- District 5: Vice Mayor Steve Geller, (954) 357 - 7005, [email protected]
- District 6: Beam Furr, (954) 357 - 7006, [email protected]
- District 7: Tim Ryan, (954) 357 - 7007, [email protected]
- District 8: Dr. Barbara Sharief, (954) 357 - 7008, [email protected]
- Mayor John Dailey, (850) 891-2000, [email protected]
- 4 councilmembers
- Mayor Pro Tem Dianne Willams-Cox, (850) 891 - 8502
- Elaine Bryant, (850) 891 - 8503
- Curtis Richardson, (850) 891 - 8240
- Jeremy Matlow, (850) 891 - 8188
- Mayor Buddy Dyer, (407) 246-2221, [email protected]
- 6 councilmembers
- District 1: Jim Gray, (407) 246 - 2001, [email protected]
- District 2: Tony Ortiz, (407) 246 - 2002, [email protected]
- District 3: Robert Stuart, (407) 246 - 2003, [email protected]
- District 4: Patty Sheehan, (407) 246 - 2004, [email protected]
- District 5: Regina Hill, (407) 246 - 2005, [email protected]
- District 6: Bakari Burns, (407) 246 - 2006, [email protected]
Become a Democracy Organizer for Your Community
As a Democracy Organizer, you’ll receive training and assistance on how to activate your own team of volunteers. Your mission: to use the resources available to you through Brady and March for Our Lives to help your volunteers take the action to eliminate the barriers to accessible voting, for this years election and beyond.
What does that actually mean? We’ll ask you to create your own team of volunteers made up of your friends and family. Then we’ll train you on the campaign’s strategy and tactics. So in an average week on the campaign, we’ll ask you to set up a video-conference meeting with your team where you’ll explain the team’s actions for the week. Don’t worry--you won’t be expected to do this on your own. We’ll help every step of the way! We expect this work will take 5-7 hours a week.