22: Who Needs a Gun in 15 Minutes or Less?
When Ross was only 12, his father Ken Misher was murdered by a long-time employee and friend who purchased a handgun in 15 minutes or less while on his lunch break. Ross turned his anger into action, launching a life in activism that continues 35 years later.
Today in this Minisode, we cover:
- why background checks matter;
- why "cooling off" periods are important;
- why Jim and Sarah Brady were amazing advocates;
- the trauma felt by those left behind after a shooting;
- why the NRA is out of touch; and
- how YOU can get involved in activism today.
In particular, listen in for the "Tina Timid" section. You'll be horrified! Which, par for the course on here, but still.