Episode 7: Chris Hurst on being a survivor, a politician, and why Virginia elections matter
JJ and Christian are joined by Chris Hurst, a journalist, former news anchor, and politician of the Democratic Party currently serving as a Delegate in the Virginia House of Delegates for the state's 12th district. Chris decided to leave journalism and run for office after the on-air television murder of his girlfriend, Alison Parker, and her cameraman, Adam Ward. Since that day, Chris has worked on finding solutions for Virginians and Americans--be it on education, health care, the environment, or gun violence prevention.
Links & Mentions
- Brady. “Brady Applauds Introduction of the Bipartisan Prevent Family Fire Act.” Brady, October 31, 2019.
- “Chris Hurst.” Chris Hurst. Accessed October 31, 2019.
- Gaffey, Conor. “Chris Hurst, Boyfriend of Alison Parker, Who Was Shot Dead on Live TV, Just Beat NRA-Backed Candidate in Virginia.” Newsweek. Newsweek, November 8, 2017.
- “Registration/Turnout Reports.” Registration/Turnout Reports - Virginia Department of Elections. Accessed October 31, 2019.
- Stracqualursi, Veronica. “'Bittersweet' Victory for Va. Democrat Chris Hurst, Whose Girlfriend Was Killed on Live TV.” ABC News. ABC News Network, November 8, 2017.