Brady Briefing 2: Bad politicians, good CEOs, and so much more
All the gun violence prevention news that we could fit in this, a weekly wrap up for the week of October 6th to October 12th. This week, we’re talking about CEOs doing the right thing, politicians in Ohio doing the wrong thing, the murders of two young men, the Kansas city bar shooting, and finally, to end on a high note, what you can do this week to push bi-partisan gun violence legislation. It’s been a busy week, let me tell you!
Links & Mentions
- CBS News. “Kansas City Authorities Say Bar Shooting Was ‘Not Random’ Attack” CBS News. CBS Interactive, October 7, 2019
- MacDonald, Evan. “Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine Says Refined Proposal to Reform Gun Laws Could Address Violence and Pass Legislature” cleveland, October 10, 2019
- Mervosh, Sarah. “How Long Will Amber Guyger Spend in Prison? A Dallas Jury Will Decide” The New York Times. The New York Times, October 2, 2019
- Vera, Amir, Hollie Silverman, Holly Yan, and Ashley Killough. “A Key Witness in Ex-Cop Amber Guyger's Murder Trial Was Shot to Death in Dallas” CNN. Cable News Network, October 7, 2019
- Wolfe, Elizabeth, and Saeed Ahmed. “Dick's Has Destroyed $5 Million Worth of Weapons, Its CEO Says” CNN. Cable News Network, October 8, 2019