95: Finally, A PLCAA Victory
Recently, the Superior Court of Pennsylvania has held that the federal gun industry protection law, the Protection of the Lawful Commerce in Arms Act (“PLCAA”) as unconstitutional in its entirety, the first appeals court to do so. What does it mean, and where do we go from here? This is exactly what hosts Kelly and JJ discuss with Team Enough Fairfax member Aaryan Rawal, Dr. Griffin Dix, father of Kenzo Dix and President, Oakland Brady Chapter, Brady Senior Counsel and Vice President of Legal Jon Lowy, and Brady President Kris Brown.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- The awkward question that could assure your child comes home safe (the Mercury News)
- Long Battle Against Guns Began With a Son’s Death (New York Times)
- Gustafson v. Springfield Armory (Brady)
- A victory for gun violence victims (Brady)
- Why PLCAA is a Problem (Brady)