84: Voting Access Saves Lives
Team Enough, Brady, and March For Our Lives have partnered on a new initiative--getting out, and supporting, the vote. Based on the fact that Black and Latinx communities that are the most affected by gun violence also face the greatest barriers to voting, and that it is vital that the citizens most impacted by this epidemic are able to vote for elected officials who will take concrete steps to protect them, the "Voting Access Saves Lives" program is aimed at improving access to the US electoral system. To discuss how the program works, hosts Kelly and JJ are joined by Robert Schentrup, a Team Enough fellow and survivor of gun violence.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- State Action Toolkit (Brady)
- Voting Access Saves Lives (Brady)
- Accessing Democracy: a Gun Violence Prevention Issue (Brady)
- How to Vote (Rock the Vote)
- Register to Vote (USA.gov)