58: Teens, Gun Violence, and COVID-19
Dr. Mary Jo Podgurski is the founder of the Washington Health System Teen Outreach, through which she has trained over 15,000 peer educators and served over 7,000 young parents. Currently, she serves as the President and Founder of the Academy for Adolescent Health, Inc., and is the author of books like "Sex Ed Is In Session" and the Nonnie series. She joins host JJ to talk about the unique risks the intersection of COVID-19 and firearms poses for young adults, and how all of us need to be talking about how #EachPersonIsAPersonofWorth.
Mentioned in this podcast:
- Sex Ed Is In Session (Amazon)
- Teen Suicide and Guns (PBS)
- 6 Ways to Prevent Gun Violence While Social Distancing (Brady)
- Dealing with Coronavirus (Observer-Reporter)
- Nonnie Talks About Quarantine (Dr. Mary Jo Podgurski)